Solved

FSM Mobile - Device ID (null)

• 16 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

We have started to deploy a newer version of the mobile devices our technicians use.

One thing we have noticed is that when initialised the device_id on person_mobile is ‘null’.

All the other values are being set on the table correctly with regards to brand, model, os_type and os_version, just nothing for the device_id.

The devices are Android and the newer version see’s us go from OS9 to OS10 using FSM Mobile.

Is this something set at device level, something missing in the mobile .apk, or something else?

Ady

icon

Best answer by Shehan Chandrasekara 18 June 2021, 09:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @AdrianEgley,

Are you able to sync information to and from these devices? As long as there is a device # then everything should work okay.

I have seen the device ID show as null when I have been using emulated devices for testing. The ID should be the name of the device as it will appear when searching for it on a network. By default it should be model of the phone e.g. iPhone11 but can be changed by the device user to be something more unique to make the phone more identifiable.

It may be that the later versions of mobile OS either do not have this set as default or block this being retrieved during initialisation.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thanks @Lee Pinchbeck 

We’ll see if there is anything on forums from our MDM solution or ask them too.

But we’ve traditionally seen the IMEI mapped to the device_id and the rest of the data maps as per below.

We know the data is there as when it appears in the MDM the data is there. It also takes on the similar format as the previous versions.

This appears to be a similar process for any SM-T575 we initialise.

Ady

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @AdrianEgley,

I believe that the android version of your devices should be 10 because it comes with ‘Restriction on non-resettable device identifiers’. therefore the application could not access the IME number of your device since it was blocked by the new android 10 privacy policy. however, they have introduced new permission set for the devices which are running on Android 10 + called ‘READ_PRIVILEGED_PHONE_STATE’ and I believe that IFS touch apps will include new permission set in the next update if it does not present currently.

Best regards

Shehan

Badge +1

Hi all, may I know if we have a list of the MDM supported by FSM mobile?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ethan.phang ,

I would assume it’s the device that would determine the MDM solution as FSM Mobile would just be an application on a device. Since implementing FSM / FSM Mobile we have used SOTI Mobi Control as our MDM Solution. Never had an any issues with it.

Ady

Badge +1

Thanks. @AdrianEgley