Solved

FSM 5.7.6 Client Using Client Script with List view?

• 19 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi I am looking to have a button on a listview tab that will update one of the fields on a selected line of a List view. is it possible to control a Listview items using a Button and a client script? and if not a client script any other way? if so can you explain how i might go about do so?

icon

Best answer by Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 19 May 2020, 14:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Yes.  This is quite possible in the Web Client using getRowControlValue() and setValueOnListDataRow().  Look in Menu->Studio->FSM Scripts for examples of working client scripts such as CONTACT_ATTRVALUELOOKUP_BUTTON_CLICK which use these functions.  I always look in FSM Client Scripts for working examples.  You may also find the attached document helpful.

Please be aware that this functionality is only available in the Web Client.

Badge +2

Hi I am looking to have a button on a listview tab that will update one of the fields on a selected line of a List view. is it possible Mobdro  to control Kodi a Listview bluehost items using a Button and a client script? and if not a client script any other way? if so can you explain how i might go about do so?

thank you my issue has been solved

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Glad to hear!  If my answer helped, please mark it as answer so your question will show as answered.

Badge +1

There is a possibility using the client script but I am not sure that it is really a good practice to do so.

For example, you could use a check box as the Select column in the following print screen (UI designer)

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@roundcubeseven  - you may want to make a new post for this question.  If you’re working in the Smart Client, you won’t be able to execute Client Scripts on Listview events, even though you can define scripts for those events.

Only the Web Client has Listview events that will execute Client Scripts.