Question

Documents being lost on transfer from Mobile Work Order

• 6 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

We went live with IFS App9 Mobile Work Order for our Field Engineers in September using Apple I Phones as our mobile devices.  Generally this is working well however we have a problem with document transfers from the mobile app. In about 5% of cases although a document revision is being created on the server the underlying document is not being transferred to the document repository. While we know some of these are due to signal issues and engineers not checking that their devices have synced properly. we are getting a number that are showing as status checked out. I am wondering if anyone has seen similar issues and can suggest possible solutions or settings to look at.

Thanks

David Bolster

ERP Implementation director Star Refrigeration

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Which update are you on? Is it always the same users who experience the issue?

Badge +2

At the moment we are on update 9 (in process of upgrading to 14).  No obvious pattern on which engineers are losing documents.

Userlevel 7

At the moment we are on update 9 (in process of upgrading to 14).  No obvious pattern on which engineers are losing documents.

I’ve seen similar issues before, but on updates prior to Upd9. No failed transactions I presume? And nothing you can find a way of persistently replicating?

There was performance improvements done in mWO Upd14, but I cannot tell you if that would solve your issues. I’d probably try going for mWO Upd15 PS2 with the latest TAS while you’re at it. 

I all else fails, log a case to support!

Badge +2

Thanks anmise you are right no failed transactions. We have logged issue with support but so far after several weeks they haven’t come up with anything concrete.

Userlevel 7

Thanks anmise you are right no failed transactions. We have logged issue with support but so far after several weeks they haven’t come up with anything concrete.

Yeah, intermittent issues are tricky to find the root cause for. As I mentioned there were some performance improvements related to DocMan in Upd14 so hopefully that will sort it out for you.

Fingers crossed.