Solved

Document Connection

• 22 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I have connected an object to a document for Engineering Part Structure in the Objects tab on a document revision.  But I cannot see the document on the Engineering Part structure itself.  Is there another step that needs to be taken in order for this to appear on the Engineering Part Structure?

Also, where is the set up to add items to the connect object list that appears on the document revision itself?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 23 December 2020, 10:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Here is a short recording I made on how to enable document attachments in IFS:

https://ifs-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/mathias_dahl_ifsworld_com/EbPPSNW5iu1Mq9Msgn_OAaMBVdlTUQXVyOXxWlh5U-ZPDQ?e=cjZTwe

(let me know if you can watch that video or not, it’s shared from my own work OneDrive)

Most probably your issue is that, in the “object screen”, a different LU is used than what you actually connected from the Document Revision screen.

Try this: go to the object screen (where you see, to use your own words, “the Engineering Part structure itself”), and connect the same document there. The go to the Document Revision screen and look under the Objects tab. I think that should give you some clues as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you so much.  I was able to access the video and the LU as explained was my issue.