Question

Crystal Report throwing error "Invalid argument Provided"

• 23 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello Dears,

One of my colleague is facing issue with crystal report .

Whenever he execute crystal report, get the below error.

Any suggestion to resolve this ?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Dears,

Thank you.

Does this report generate large amount of data? That could be the reason. Try filtering out few records to see if the report is generated successfully.

Regards

Nadeesha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Looks like you are giving the wrong value to the parameter or passing the wrong value to the formula. Check the parameter types and verify the formulas.

Where do you get this? In the IFS EE client or the Crystal Report Designer itself?

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +2

Hello Dears,

Thank you.

Does this report generate large amount of data? That could be the reason. Try filtering out few records to see if the report is generated successfully.

Regards

Nadeesha.

Hi Nadeesha,

Actually I am getting the same error even filtering through parameter for single value.

Thanks for looking it.

Best,

Anuj 

Badge +2

Hi,

Looks like you are giving the wrong value to the parameter or passing the wrong value to the formula. Check the parameter types and verify the formulas.

Where do you get this? In the IFS EE client or the Crystal Report Designer itself?

Hi Chanaka,

Thank you for your input.

Actually  getting this error in standalone report hence outside application.

We have taken two ifs table with CR_WEB_INIT in report.  We are passing alias characters "\"  after table but it is not accepting. it is taking only “ _ “ . 

The other  issue is we are not able to login through database expert>Oracle Server.

We are only able to login database through OLE DB. 

Hope this will help out for resolution.

Best,

A

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi

The IFS Crystal integration only supports the aliases \ and _A for Application Owner and \\ and _I for IAL owner.

You need to add a registry entry in the machine where the Crystal Report Designer is running to support the \ alias character. Refer the following link on how to add the \ character to the registry.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/026_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/080_dev_crep/005_cr_as_quickreport/default.htm

Else try _A or _I.

All this info could be found in the above page.

Regards,

Chanaka