Question

Case management - handover object

• 31 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

What is the opportunity in the call center to use the handover object for RMA ?

In fact, when creating a RMA directly from the customer order header through the RMB “handle RMA”, all the customer order lines are automatiaclly fetched into the RMA in one click. 

And If I well understand the handover object, RMA is automatically linked to the parts which was associated manually in the business objects tab of the case. This means that if we have several lines to be returned by one customer, we have to link them manually to the case. Is it correct ?

As per me, it takes much more time to use the handover function for RMA and do not really understand the purpose of such a function. 

And I have an other question :

Why we cannot find in the attachments panel the case in which we link some business objects. For example, if I link a case to a customer order, this CO is not in the business object tab of the case and vice versa, if I link manually a CO in the business object tab of one case, I cannot find the case in the attachment panel of the CO.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi @Carole 

Yes, you may well find that creating the RMA from the customer order is more efficient than creating it from the case.  Either approach is acceptable depending on business requirements.

Note that RMAs do not need to be linked to the original order.  That is part of why you can create them from a case.

To your last question: yes that is all correct.  The 2 methods described are different, and do not automatically replicate to each other.  If you wanted A to generate B and B to generate A, then you could achieve that with custom events.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @paul harland 

Many thanks for your clarification and for taking the time to answer :slight_smile: