Skip to main content
Question

The cost element in the item request lines does not go up automatically for items with a price of 0

• 6 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that the cost element in the item request lines in the project materials and Services doesn't go up automatically for items with a price of 0 in Supplier for purchase part.

• In this first example, i’ve setup a price 1£ in the supplier for purchase part for the part H000001 with the supplier 1120031. Then, i add a new lines in the Project materials and Services and when i ask the cost element in the lines, it’s coming up automatically. 

• In this second example, i’ve setup a price 0£ in the supplier for purchase part for the part H000001 with the supplier 1000055. Then, i add a new lines in the Project materials and Services and when i ask the cost element in the lines, it’s don’t coming up automatically. 

So my question is whether it's possible to automatically raise the cost element on the line with a price of 0 in supplier for purchase part. 
If it is possible, can you tell me what to do?
Thank you very much.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

IFS uses a flavor of the posting control logic to assess the cost elements.   If you have a 0 cost item, and if we assume posting control would create postings, those postings would be null as we have no cost. 

Similarly, if the cost is 0, we then assess posting control and no cost elements can be defined.  You can always manually enter planning / estimating type values for the various elements.  Assuming the transaction (when created really does have a cost), IFS will assign the cost to the appropriate elements. 

Best regards, 

Thomas