Question

Project Posted Revenue

• 22 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

HI All

in the project navigator, under the revenue TAB there is a field called Posted & Actual revenue.

Understanding is that this will be updated as actual project transactions are added and then authorized (for example: logged time or expenses).

Both fields are not currently being updated and wanted to validate my understanding with the community.

Any feedback that would be helpful would be much appreciated? 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @MaggieDP 

Posted & Actual revenue shows all values from invoices which are printed and/or posted,
For an example if you create a CO and invoiced, that invoiced value will be shown here.

BR,
Tharaka.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Tharaka Senevirathne  thanks for the reply.

Any advice in the case where there is an invoice attached ?

It is a project invoice in this case but field remains blank. Does the invocie need to be paid ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @MaggieDP 

You can have a Revenue activity in a Project, could be from an invoice raise against a Customer order or you can create an invoice against project Transactions. Also you can create an invoice from Invoicing Plan.
Next when you posted those invoices i.e. when state set "PostedAuth" those amounts will be there as Posted Revenue.

If you navigate to “Project Invoice” window you can check the connected invoices and in “Activity” window under “Connection” tab you can search revenues connected to a particular activity. 

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @MaggieDP 

Further to my previous reply, when you update all those connected vouchers to General Ledger(GL) then you will see those amount as Actual Revenue.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.