Question

Project Deliverables - Creating a Serial Object from PMRP supplied MFG part

• 11 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi IFS Community,

does anyone know how to correctly create Serial Object from manufactured part, which is supplied by PMRP?

IFS Corporation states in the official help page, that Tags are automatically created when material received, if the the part is enabled for Serial Tracking (please read the help page topic "Assign Tag Numbers on Items"), but even if you Complete the Item, nothing happen in this case.

So, in this case, I am forced to go either to the Shop Order, which was generated by the PMRP algorithm, or straight to the Shipment, where proceed items/parts were reserved and issued, to find their serial number. (Why can not the IFSAPP10 offer these "shipped" serial numbers in the Tags tab definition?)

Another thing is that the IFSAPP10 in this case does not even allow me to define ONLY serial numbers, it requires ALSO definition of Tag No. This fact leads to the top item being defined as a Functional Object (not a Serial Object), in Equipment window.

Is there any step in the procedure that I have forgot to perform, to create a purely Serial object, from an item that has a defined Serial Tracking (with serial number generated from SO)?

Thank you in advance for your reply, David.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi David, 

This link should help - https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/245799f5-66b3-4e91-bd47-35fb567b7331 

You’ll note from the video there are three paths off adding Tags and as a result, this impacts how the serial number is entered, but in short, it is down to Serial Tracking in the part.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Cameron, thank you for your answer, unfortunately the link is not working for me, saying “The content may have been removed.”

Could you please try to share that video again, or could you explain (in short) those three settings?

Not sure if my question has been understood, because I have of course serial tracking activated (down in the realized structure), and I understand that this is the main prerequisite to creating and storing the serial object structure, as an identification of "what was made of".

Anyway, after further testing, I probably understand the first part of my question why the system can not offer an automatically produced serial number when parent item is set = PMRP, but what I still do not understand is why I can not retrieve a list of values (of serial numbers) in the Tags table, and why I need to use also Tags for identification, even if I have whole structure serial tracked.

Best Regards, David

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi David, 

I just tried the link and it should be working. 

https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/245799f5-66b3-4e91-bd47-35fb567b7331

At what point are you entering the serial number?