Question

Connect a resource individual to more than one parent resource

• 7 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

We have each engineer set up as a resource in IFS and then connect them to multiple parent resources. These parent resources relate to individual jobs meaning that the PSO will send them these type of jobs only. E.g. a Gas engineer will only be allocated Gas related jobs and no others.

When connecting an engineer to a parent resource in both Apps10 and Aurena, we can only connect them one at a time. You have to repeat the following process for each connection in Apps10

And this process for each connection in Aurena

Is there a way to connect a resource individual to more than one parent resource group avoiding repeating the above process? Or is there an option to setup a template whereby we can link an employee to multiple parent resources in one go?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @AMCKEVITT ,

Not sure aboutthe amount of persons and resource groups, but maybe it is faster to connect persons to a resource group from the resource navigator:

So go to the resource navigator and add the relevant persons to a the applicable resource group, the go tho the next group and add teh persons there as well.

Hope this fasten up up you set up.

Good luck,

Robert

Badge +2

Hi @EqeRobertK 

Thank you for your reply. This is defintely quicker than the way we were doing it so it is a great solution for now. However we have so many resource groups that we link individuals to, that I would still be keen to investgate the possiblity of connecting to more than one at a time.

Any other ideas would be greatfully received! 

Many thanks

Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @AMCKEVITT ,

So far I do not have any other suggestions from the standard IFS as it is now.

I think it would be a good enhancement to have the same option Connect to Parent, but then have it called connect to parents, where it is possible t connect multiple parents at once. I suggest you create an Idea here in this community to request this.

Hopefully someone else can come up with a better idea to solve this faster.

Good luck,

Robert

Badge +2

Hi @EqeRobertK 

I really appreciate your help :)

I will get it raised as an idea.

Many thanks

Anna