Question

Calculate employee project cost for the Absence

• 17 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

In my case, employees report time against the project activities through Time Registration window. Once time registration is authorized, finance users generated T vouchers against the time registrations through the process called "Transfer Project Cost Accounting Transactions”. It will create employee project cost accounts for the entered time. 

If an employee applied for an absence/leave, employee will not add working time for that day in Time Registration. And project cost accounting records will not create for the absence days. My requirement is to create project accounting for the absence date as well. Any functionality available in standard IFS ?

Regards,

MalinG.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There is nothing in the core functionality that will automatically generate project cost transactions for employee absences. Project time recording is designed to apply a cost to the projects for the time spent on these projects. I can’t say I have seen this before - is it the total employee cost associated to projects? Are employees usually working on one or a small number of projects? Is this to create the cost for an overhead project or for “operational” projects?

Depending on your requirements, you do have a few options:

1. Generate project cost entry as part of the payroll journal upload or a separate journal at month-end
  2. If you are not using the project time recording for the generation of attendance, you could look at a configuration to automatically create the project time recording for the absence time based on your business rules (using a custom event to retrieve the project and report code). 
Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It’s not the most elegant suggestion but you could create an “Absence” Project to capture holidays/sickness etc so your employees report time on that project for those days off …

Linda