Question

Behavior like Project Deliverables with Supply Code = DOP

• 1 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Dear all,

I would like to ask you to explain why Project Deliverables does not contain an option for Supply Code = DOP (there are options for pegged Shop Order, pegged Purchase Order, PMRP and MRP only).

Project Deliverables is really great mechanism to have everything under one umbrella, but what I am really strongly missing is the functionality to garantee the time dependencies in production planning of particular Shop Orders organized in the multilevel structure like in DOP.

We are able to generate independent pegged shop orders connected to given Activity No, but without any connection among them. It means that we cannot garantee by the plan that the finish good will be planned and produced after all its semifinish parts will be planned / finished. Can be easily handled by the time dependency/timelag.

I understand that demands of Project Deliverables are connected to activities of the project and we are able to drive the planning partially by the project activity based level. However, if we go one layer deeper, we have no robust planning tool for the case that I have described. I will be really lucky to have an option to add one more planning layer (DOP header and orders) for the production in the midlle.

Am i blind and is there any workaround instead DOP if Project Deliverables are applied???

Thanks in advance to all superheroes, heros and everybody experienced.

Regards,

Zdenek Baumelt

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @CDCZdeneB,

My company has the same question and would really like an elaboration on the topic.

Best regards, Alexander