Solved

Setting a default Work Center in Shop Floor Workbench

• 21 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

To simplify for Manufacturing operators using Shop Floor Work Bench, we are trying to set a default Work Center when the manufacturing user logs on and is taken to his homepage (Work Bench). We have tried setting a filter then saving the user profile but it did not work. Can this be done? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 21 April 2021, 21:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

oops, I may have found figured it out. In Properties, I entered a default filter and saved the user profile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you run Workbench in "Anonymous Mode" you can set a default filter for the user in the Properties dialog (in Enterprise Explorer client) as you figured out!

If you run Workbench in "Employee Mode" a default filter is connected to the Shop Floor Employee or Team. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks, Bjorn, 

Since our users do not have access to ‘Properties’ to set the default, I had to grant them ‘everything’ permission (that includes Properties), log in as them, set the default in Properties, then remove the ‘everything’ permission from them.  I could only log in as them since it was a new ID (otherwise, the manufacturing users would be logged in during all 3 shifts).  Is there a better way to set the default for a user who does not have access to Properties/screen layout, etc? 

Thanks