Solved

Repair Shop Order issue

• 21 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am working on a process to salvage a component part from an Inventory Part. Essentially, we manufacture a top level part 12345. At times, the part may fail inspection. We are able to push out the internal components and salvage the exterior part: 54321. The components themselves would be scrapped (PN: 98765).

I am not sure if I could use the Repair Shop Order function to handle this process. The help section does not go into specific detail about how to setup the Routing and Product Structure for this process. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by CHJYLK 22 April 2021, 06:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

You can use multilevel repair shop order for this requirement given that parent top item is a multilevel tracked part and an as-build structure exists for it.

To create multilevel repair shop orders by default for multilevel tracked parts, select Create Multilevel Repair Shop Orders option in Site/Manufacturing tab. 

To create a multilevel shop order when the above setting is not selected, select Multilevel Repair check box in Shop Order/Details tab when creating the repair shop order. 

For multilevel repair shop orders, lot size should always be 1.

You can read more on this in the about description for Multilevel Repair Shop Order.

\\Champika