Question

Order gap time - U.O.M?

• 22 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi 

does anyone know what the unit of measure used for ‘Order Gap Time’?

I have set the order gap time to 1 (assuming 1 day) on a top level inventory part to prevent MRP scheduling multiple units to be assembled at the same time on the same day. 

my aim is to get MRP to schedule the assembly of 1 unit per day to level the manufacturing schedule.

regards

Jamie 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @jamiewhite ,

Yes, it is in Days. 

Looking at your requirement, you have to set the Max Lot Size also to “1”. So, one requisition to supply 1 unit per day can be achieved. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Does anyone know if you can change the UOM for the shop order gap as i am trying to input 0.5 of a day (4 working hours) on a inventory part to space out the scheduling.

currently MRP is scheduling multiple shop order operations of the same part to start at the same time on the work centre when we can only process 1 shop order at a time due to physical constraints.

If changing the UOM is not possible is there another way i can achieve an half a day gap between operations starting through the work centre?

regards

Jamie

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @jamiewhite ,

I don’t think we can change it to hours like that in the standard application(without customizing). Perhaps you can try with changing the Calendar schedules but that will affect all other objects and process in the application. 

As I understood, you want to avoid shop order operations (into same work center) running parallelly due to constraints. For that, I suggest you refer to the below post where a similar discussion has taken place.

Does this help ?