Question

CRO - Repair Shop Order Project Connection

• 23 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

If a repair shop order is created from component repair order is there any way in IFS to attach the shop order material to project inventory supply type? After that we want PMRP job to create demand for those materials.

IFS does not seem to have anyway to convert consumed materials to Project Inventory.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I noticed that you have not received a direct reply to your question but wondered if this new ‘How to’ might help you answer this? https://community.ifs.com/training-enablement-and-adoption-120/how-is-a-component-repair-order-cro-set-up-in-ifs-apps10-4287 ?

Badge +2

Hi, I know this is an old subject but as we’re dealing with the exact same issue, did you find a solution ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

This is the way in which the standard functionality works - you cannot connect Component Repair Shop Orders to Project.

We’ve addressed this issue previously for a UK customer by developing a configuration (CRIM) to automatically connect the Component Repair Shop Order to a Project Activity (I think it disconnects the Shop Order from the CRO, connects it to Project and reconnects to the CRO).

I don’t recall a specific requirement for the Shop Order Materials to be Project Inventory Supply. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

We are having the same issue here as trying to connect a customer order with Supply code ‘Service order’ which has been transferred from a CRO to a project. We get this error message. We want to link to costs from the Shop order/ CRO and take revenue from either the CRO or connected Customer order to then use this project for revenue recognition based on the % of costs incurred again planned costs on the project

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@Richard Owen @bhavesh This converges towards the idea

If you could tell there which customers are impacted, that would fuel the enhancement.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

This is the way in which the standard functionality works - you cannot connect Component Repair Shop Orders to Project.

We’ve addressed this issue previously for a UK customer by developing a configuration (CRIM) to automatically connect the Component Repair Shop Order to a Project Activity (I think it disconnects the Shop Order from the CRO, connects it to Project and reconnects to the CRO).

I don’t recall a specific requirement for the Shop Order Materials to be Project Inventory Supply. 

Hi 

Please, can you tell me how the configuration is set up (event, sales group, order type, ...) ?

BR

Christèle

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Christèle,

Apologies for the delay.  My understanding is that we used Configurations to achieve this.

Unfortunately I don’t have any of the technical details, but the process flow was something like this:

1. Create a new CRO Header and CRO Line.
  2. Receive the part for repair against the CRO Line.
  3. Create a return Customer Order to deliver the part back to the Customer once it has been repaired.
  4. Create a Repair Shop Order
  5. Add a new Custom RMB or new Custom Command Button to allow the user to choose a Project Activity to connect the Repair Shop Order to.
  6. Custom code then connects the CRO to the Project Activity.
  7. Process the Repair Shop Order.
  8. Custom code is also triggered at various points in the process to ensure that the Project Activity is recorded against the transactions.

I hope that this helps.