Question

APB scheduling / calendar problem

• 21 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

We have recently added a second shift and I am trying to schedule shop orders for both shifts, however I have only been able to get APB to schedule orders on the morning shift.

Steps I have taken:

New calendars created for morning shift (6am - 2pm), afternoon shift (2pm - 10pm) and entire day (6am - 10pm

Work centre and applicable labour class linked to entire day calendar

Employees individually assigned morning or afternoon shift calendars

I am sure I am missing something simple, hopefully somebody in here can spot it :)

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Graeme 

Hi, did you set the field in the labor class capacity calculation base , individual or group ? please try switching to individual and check the result.

Badge +2

Hi Saman, Is that set per labor class or work center? I can’t see it.

I should add we are using IFSApps9

Badge +2

OK, it looks like I have made some progress with this. Some shop orders I am able to drag to afternoon shift, but not all. Also It seems that I need to complete the shop order on the shift that it was started on, i.e. if it starts on morning shift but runs past the end of the shift, afternoon shift is a holiday and then it is restarted on the next morning shift. Could this be because of the labour assignment? I have all employees set to infinite capacity.

Badge +2

OK, it looks like I have made some progress with this. Some shop orders I am able to drag to afternoon shift, but not all. Also It seems that I need to complete the shop order on the shift that it was started on, i.e. if it starts on morning shift but runs past the end of the shift, afternoon shift is a holiday and then it is restarted on the next morning shift. Could this be because of the labour assignment? I have all employees set to infinite capacity.

Hi Grame,

when the operation has relationships to labor classes with the one-shift calendar only, then it is obvious that you are not able to make a production to 2 shifts (independently on the finite/infinite settings).

Best regards,

Zdenek B.