Question

WIP costs per shop order

• 31 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi!

I need your help and advice. I was asked to prepare a report with list of shop orders and WIP Status from that View (Cost/posting type  &  WIP Statistic)

I used debug console and as far I can see there is a procedure Calculate_Wip

BEGIN
BEGIN &AO.Shop_Order_Cost_Util_API.Calculate_Wip( :p0 , :p1 , :p2 , :p3 , :p4 , :p5 , :p6 , :p7 , :p8 , :p9 , :p10 , :p11 , :p12 , :p13 , :p14 , :p15 , :p16 , :p17 , :p18 , :p19 , :p20 , :p21 ); END;
EXCEPTION
WHEN &AO.Error_SYS.Err_Security_Checkpoint THEN
raise;
WHEN OTHERS THEN
rollback;
raise;
END;

I am familiar only with T-SQL. Does anyone can help me how to call this procedure and get results for all orders ?

Thank ypu in advance,

Izabella

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I think you want to run the Aggregate Shop Order Costs per Shop Order function, then use the Shop Order Costs (with an ‘s’) overview.  This will make IFS do the work to accumulate all of the costs for all shop orders first, then you can export from the overview and see what is missing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

As Shawn indicates we make a snapshot of an awful lot of cost columns when we run the job Aggregate Shop Shop Order Costs per Shop Order, and one of them is the:

WIP at Aggregation Date
The cost of work in progress for the shop order, as calculated on the last aggregation date.

Dependig on your business envrionment and cost follow up requirements you may want to run this job weekly or perhaps even daily. Closed Shop Orders that have not been updated since last aggregation are not recalculated in order to save execution time.

Badge +2

Hi,

thanks for Your commitment. I didn’t specify that I need create report with closed shop order, so extra calculation or creating schedule for task  is no need. I am just looking for way how to get values from WIP Status tab for all orders with status “Closed”. 

And plus, I have no idea how to do it in “technical meaning” ( I am not familiar with jobs, procedures, functions and how to work with them :( )

Izabella