Solved

Why is site not part of control plan key?

• 17 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When I prepare an Inventory Control Plan, I have to enter a site. Once done I want to activate it. System comes back with error message that I have to set existing control plan to Inactive

Currently it looks like the above. Notice the fact that there is no Site/Contract in the selection list.

Opening the active Control Plan shows:

The one that I want to set active looks like:

So part is the same. The site however is different.

My logic tells me that The control plans differ, however IFS tells me, via the error message, that control plans are cross site to be set up. Why is the site there and what usage is the site if I can’t  activate it per site.

Regards,

Steve

icon

Best answer by eqbstal 26 February 2021, 08:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I believe you will have to put this up as a request on the idea wall or create a case to remedy it.  I agree, you should be able to see the site in the list if your control plan id is just a counter and you have the same part in multiple sites.  The only thing I could suggest as a work around is to pre-filter your selection by a particular site, and only work with one site at a time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

ShawnBerk,

Thanks for your reply. I will put this on the idea wall as, how nice your workaround might be, it doesn’t work if a user has only access to site B (connected to company B), but another user has prepared a control plan for the same part in site A (which is connected to company A).

Odd that this check upon site, is not done when raising a new control plan, is not yet in place.

Thanks again,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Well, that complicates the issue then.  Can you get around that by creating a quick report that provides a listing of all of the available control plans so users in opposite sites know to ask for the the one that exists rather than create a new one?  You should be able to work around the site access issue if you have it run by a user with all the sites and then saved in a location everyone can get to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

ShawnBerk,

Thanks for your tip. That is something. Most likely I will go for an event that performs a check upon adding the Control Plan. It will check if the combination Part, Part Revision and control plan type (if needed) exist on an active control plan.

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

After I pushed this on the Idea Wall I got a message from someone within IFS and showed that it worked for him. I tried it again. Now in our 10.6 Aurena environment:

Problem appeared in Aurena 10.6.8.0.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

To check in a higher version, I went into the IFS10 Demo environment and prepared the same setting.

Next, I selected Status and Active. This resulted in:

So as per expectation of IFS employee. Aurena Version in place is 10.10.16.0.

So no problems now. Happy  that I know that this is solved in one of the version updates.

Steve