Solved

Update ESD According to Material Availability

• 23 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 11 replies

Does anyone know if it is possible to update several Shop Orders at once? I would like to adjust several Shop Orders to their feasible start dates so that in I P A P my colleagues could also plan accordingly. 

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 23 November 2021, 18:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There are several built in functions:

Reschedule Shop Orders by Site

Reschedule Shop Orders by Work Center

Reschedule All Past Due Shop Orders

You can adjust the Need Date en masse from the Shop Orders overview.

There are probably a couple of other ways too from various Planning screens and functions.

Badge +5

Hello ShawnBerk,

I have tried using the “Reschedule Shop Orders by Work Center” but none of my “start dates” changed.

To explain further what I would like to do is:

I have several Shop Orders which are with status “Partially Reserved” due to shortage on some of its parts. I would like to apply the same effect as the “Update ESD According to Material Availability” function on several of them at the same time. However, I would like to do so only for some of the Shop Orders. 

Is that possible? Am I misunderstanding this functionality? 

Thanks in advance for the support!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Ahhh, ok, I see what you are wanting to do.  That function requires performing on a singular shop order for two reasons:

1. The API runs against a singular shop order numberBEGIN &AO.Shop_Ord_API.Update_Esd_On_Mtrl_Avail(:p0 ,:p1 ,:p2)
  2. In order for this to function correctly, each shop order would have to be evaluated on its own merit in the order in which you would decide the priority would be.

What do I mean by that last statement?

Lets say you have 3 shop orders that each require the same part, but you only have 2 of those items on hand.  If you ran the reschedule function based on availability for all three at that same time, how would IFS know which is the priority?  It can’t, so the function has to be run order by order.  

If you consistently have dozens of these types of orders you want to schedule in a single click, you would need to write a function that takes the list of orders selected and a criteria or custom field assigning their relative priority, then the function could run the above API in sequence on each order.  That wouldn’t be too hard to setup and program, but you won’t find it out of the box either.