Question

Transfer Products in Product Estimate Management

• 12 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

In Product Estimate Management, user can register new parts (Component Type) and can transfer with following options.

Is it possible to have an option to create Engineering parts in PDM?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

No, the solution can only transfer direct to a product structure and does not have a connection to PDM.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks Martin, I have a customer who are in to ETO business. Most of the estimates are for brand new parts and needs Engineering design involved. Therefore, they want to start with PDM. Appreciate very much if you could evaluate the feasibility.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks Martin, I have a customer who are in to ETO business. Most of the estimates are for brand new parts and needs Engineering design involved. Therefore, they want to start with PDM. Appreciate very much if you could evaluate the feasibility.

Estimate management isn’t really built for that - if I understnd correctly it’s more of a sales tool.

If this were me (just a suggestion!) perhaps you could get sales to build the estimate and use a standard part number to represent a part that needs designing. Then create a lobby for engineering to work from and update the estimate when a true product cost & proper part number have been defined (or just a part number)

Would this work?

Badge +3

@MBENSE 

Hi Martin,

Agni Link can transfer a CAD/PDM/PLM structure/BoM to any object in IFS, as long as they the BoM items in CAD/PDM/PLM can be mapped to IFS records (parts, quotes, orders, even) along a one-to-one relationship. Actually, it does not even have to be BoMs… We have an IFS customer who uses it to transfer quotes from a legacy quoting application, as well as Engineering Change Orders, to IFS.

Hope this helps,

Ricardo.