Solved

Transfer of inventory in stock from multiple locations

• 22 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi all

is there a way of moving all inventory in stock from multiple locations to a single location in a single transaction instead of moving each inventory line individually?

we are using IFS APPS 10

kind regards

Jamie

icon

Best answer by Roel van Zwieten 22 November 2021, 14:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can create a transport task from the Inventory Part in stock screen and then execute the transport task to move all the parts at once.

You can filter on the Inventory Part in Stock screen for all the parts that you want to move, select the lines and then use the ‘Move With Transport Task’ option. This will create a transport task, and once it’s executed the parts will be moved.

You will have to check on your site settings if multiple parts from multiple different locations are automatically consolidated, if not it may create multiple transport tasks that would have to be executed separately. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks @Roel van Zwieten you have saved me hours!!

regards

Jamie

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi...I am having the same issue where multiple transport tasks are being created even though my automatic consolidation settings on the site are set to multiple Parts and Multiple references. @Roel van Zwieten can you confirm that it is definitely possible to create a single transport Task for multiple parts coming from multiple locations, but all being moved to the same single location?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@CooAlastL 

i am able to move inventory parts from different locations on the same site to one new location with ‘Move with transportation task’ but it will create multiple transportation tasks but you can execute all the transportation tasks at the same time to speed up the transfer.

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@CooAlastL

i am able to move inventory parts from different locations on the same site to one new location with ‘Move with transportation task’ but it will create multiple transportation tasks but you can execute all the transportation tasks at the same time to speed up the transfer.

regards

Jamie 

Thanks Jamie. Yes I’m struggling to create a single Transport Task for this. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@jamiewhite @coolklash Yes it is definitely possible to have it on one transport task. Below are the steps I went through. Not sure why it is not working for you if you have similar settings on the site though., it may be worth creating a case with support so they can analyse your setup.

Creating a transport task for 2 parts on 2 different locations. To location is the same
One transport task is created
Settings on Site (note I changed ‘To Location By’ to ‘Bin’

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@jamiewhite @coolklash Yes it is definitely possible to have it on one transport task. Below are the steps I went through. Not sure why it is not working for you if you have similar settings on the site though., it may be worth creating a case with support so they can analyse your setup.

Creating a transport task for 2 parts on 2 different locations. To location is the same
One transport task is created
Settings on Site (note I changed ‘To Location By’ to ‘Bin’

Many thanks @Roel van Zwieten. Greatly appreciated. I assume you have no Warehouse level automatic consolidation that could override these settings?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@CooAlastL Good point, no I have not set up warehouse level automatic consolidation.