Solved

Track a lot when issued

• 4 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi everyone,

Our quality department needs to track certain lots.

For this, they need to be sent an email (for now the best option), for when the lot is issued in a shop order.

The way I’m thinking of doing this is to create a custom field on Inventory Part in Stock or Lot Batch Master, and based on that, create a custom event on issues from a shop order, when this custom field is not empty.

My question is if this is the best option, or if anybody sees a more efficient solution for this?

Thanks,
Carlos Mendes

icon

Best answer by carlosfmendes 3 January 2023, 16:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Solved with a custom field on Lot Batch Master, which saves the user email.
When the lot is issued, a custom event is triggered which then sends an email if the above field is inserted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for coming back and letting us know!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks for coming back and letting us know!

No problem.
I think its important for a community like this one to share problems and solutions, when encountered.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@carlosfmendes if you wanted to do this using standard functionality and no custom fields, could you use a subscription on the Inventory Part in Stock line?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@carlosfmendes if you wanted to do this using standard functionality and no custom fields, could you use a subscription on the Inventory Part in Stock line?

Hi @AntOlivFr,

I don’t know the answer, as that is why I created this thread. 😊

However, aren’t subscriptions for oracle objects within IFS?

Not sure, but from what I know this is the case, correct? 🤔

In this instance, what I want to do is track a certain value of a certain field in a certain table, not an object itself.
Just a correction, if the subscription actually works in this case, it couldn’t be on Inventory Part In Stock, because I need to know the transaction code, as I only want to know when a lot is issued.

Thanks for your feedback!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @AntOlivFr,

I don’t know the answer, as that is why I created this thread. 😊

However, aren’t subscriptions for oracle objects within IFS?

Not sure, but from what I know this is the case, correct? 🤔

In this instance, what I want to do is track a certain value of a certain field in a certain table, not an object itself.
Just a correction, if the subscription actually works in this case, it couldn’t be on Inventory Part In Stock, because I need to know the transaction code, as I only want to know when a lot is issued.

Thanks for your feedback!

That is a very valid and interesting point - and the reason why I asked - it sounds like you have considered all options. I just wanted to make sure you hadn’t missed anything obvious!