Solved

Sorting Pick List?

• 22 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In Apps 10 UPD 10, we use Create Consolidated Pick List for Shipment. it is grouped by Warehouse.  I see nothing in the app or in IFS documentation that would let us sort the picklist by part number or anything like that. If we can sort that way, it will assist the picker to see all of the same part together, especially relevant for large multi order shipments.  Am I just missing it? What order is a pick list sorted by, by default? it does not appear to be by location or by order # or by part #.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 22 July 2021, 22:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@KLAVALLEY you can only use below parameters when creating consolidated picklists. Hope you can use the Location group parameter for your requirement. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Right, Rasika, for creating the pick list, but what can I use to sort it ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can use the location group to sort.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@KLAVALLEY ,

I had a similar issue, and when I tested, I found that the sorting order was something like, first the order no, and secondly line number and then release number and so on.

However, we cannot change the sorting order in the default IFS picklist layout (report designer layout), without going for a customization.

Otherwise, you may need to create a new custom layout (crystal or streamserve) for the picklist and change the sorting order accordingly.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks, Rasika. After Location Group, how is the pick list sorted? we have tons of parts in the same location group currently. It does not appear to be sorted in any kind of order that I can detect. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@ThushAsanka

That’s what I was afraid of but thanks for confirming.