Solved

Shopfloor Ressource Planning

• 21 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello Community,

Currently, the production planning department has a very interesting question.
They want to know (and of course see in IFS) how long a shop order will block a certain physical production area.

Example: Shop Order 12 occupies all of room B and one-fourth of the production space in room A. The scheduling of the production area is of course also related to other shop orders and can therefore not be assigned to the article in a fixed manner.
In other words, another resource that can be assigned to the Shop order and is focused on the shop order start and end dates would be required.

My first thoughts were on the work centers. These, however, are less flexible because they are assigned to a operation in routing.

The concept to (mis)use machine utilization for this, given that we don't use machine hours, also originated in the department.

Do you have any implementation suggestions? Or is there a module we are without?

Thanks for your inputs! 

Best, Lidija

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 21 April 2023, 13:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My suggestion is to use work center resources for the different rooms. If the production rooms are fully interchangeable you can add one resource for each room under one work center, else you can have different work centers.

If the shop order should utilize more than one resource you must split the operation

So below I have defined that the assembly work center has two resources, Room 1 and Room 2. This means the work center has doubled its capacity from say 8h per day to 16h per day.

On the shop order with lot size = 10 I have split the assembly operation into two. One is scheduled to produce quantity of 5 on resource ASSY (room 1) and the other should produce quantity 5 on ASSY2 (room 2). 

I have set both operations with a machine runt factor = 1.Which mean each operation will be scheduled for 5 hours. The Resource Share is used to indicate how much of the resource the operation will utilize during this time.

Since entire room 2 was used resource share = 1, but since only 25% of room 1 was used I set resource share = 0.25. This indicates the cost and load booked for this operation is only 25% of the full hourly cost / capacity.

Looking at the scheduling you can see that both operations are scheduled for 5 hours, but the operation using room 1 only has a booked load of 1.3 instead of 5 as a result of the resource share indicating it only uses 25% of the available space.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Dear Björn

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. Seems to be the solution.

Unfortunately I was not able to find the “Resource Share” column in the shop order (all columns are visible in the column chooser).

As I can see from the screenshots, you are using the Aurina interface Apps 10/Cloud, right? Do you know whether Apps 9, Update 16 includes all the presettings needed to use the "resource" feature?

Thanks once again and have a good day ahead.

Best, Lidija

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@LKACH The Resource Share concept was introduced in IFS applications 10.