Solved

Shop Order Process Type - Days Before Start Date

• 6 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

Here comes the scenario we think might not be able to be addressed by APP10. we need to borrow your minds.

We have very limited shop floor stock, hence we would like the materials picked as per operation start date, e.g. 3 days before operation start date. unfortunately, this is not feasible in the schedule job ‘Create pick list for shop orders’.

then, we are thinking of the prior step of picking, reservation. we would like to use ‘Shop Order Auto Process Type’, Process Event ‘Reserve Shop Order’.

so, question here, ‘Days Before Start Date’,  this date is shop order start date or operation start date?

It looks to me it is a shop order start date, if that is the case, the reservation is going to performed on the whole shop order INSTEAD of operation material only. 

any suggestions? work around ways?

Thank you.

Ron

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 6 June 2021, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Ron,

Yes, your assumption is correct. Days Before Start Date in the Shop Order Process Type is the start date of the shop order as a whole, not the start date of each SO operation.

I think you can fulfill your requirement through a database task which is scheduled to run daily automatically. The database task needs to be configured to check whether the today’s date is 3 days before each shop order operation. If it’s true, run the Shop_Material_Alloc_API.Reserve_To_Operation() process for those shop order operations.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thush,

your solution does really open a new door to me. I really like it. 

we will consider your proposal. 

appreciated.

Ron