Question

Shop Order Materials with Shortage

• 6 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello all,

under Aurena Rel. 9 there is a dialogue "Shop Order Materials with Shortage / (in Germand FA-Material mit Fehlmenge)".

I have set the shortage monitoring for one part and received requirements from shop orders. 

However, nothing is displayed in this dialogue.

Can anyone tell me what the dialogue can be used for and in which context?

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This page should show material lines that you have tried to reserve, but could not be reserved due to availability problems. Also, the component part must have “Shortage Notification” enabled on the Inventory Part

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Björn,

thanks for answer with warp speed

Both parts (product and component) are defined with shortage enabled asset class, 

both inventroy parts are defined with activated shortage notification.

One released shop order with issuing method “reserve” at component  exist.

But no record appear in mentioned dialog after release shop order or trying to reserve material 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Okay. Sounds strange. In attached example I ran the reservation for the shop order. my component PTS3 is setup with Shortage Notification = ON, but since I have no quantity in stock I receive an information message that the quantity could not be reserved. This generated a record in the Shop Order Materials with Shortages for me.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Björn,

your screens show  the expected result by myself.

I think i have a general problem with shortage at this project. The global parameter is enabled, the inventory parts are correct defined but i dont receive any message in mentioned dialog also too not at arrival. 

The best way to resolve this issue  i think is create a lcs case.

Anyway a big thank you for your support.

Greetings from Switzerland

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Was the material line reserved or not? If it was not fully reserved the shortage should be created, but if the material line was reserved, then not shortage is created. 

Good luck :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, the material line was not reserved, On hand is 0. But also no shortage is created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

How did you perform the reservation? From the material line or shop order header? Try to reserve just that specific line to see if that works.