Shop Order Materials - Reserve/Issue Method = Manual

• 30 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello.

I have a BOM that contains

Component 1 Reserve/Issue Method = Reserve/backflush

Component 2  Reserve/Issue Method = Manual (Qty Per Ass = 1)

Both components are allocated to an operation (Qty Per Ass = 1)

I have created a shop order / released the shop order and reserved the shop order. The result is that component 2 is fully reserved.

When I try to approve the operation for qty of ‘1’ I receive the following error (expected)

I manually issue a qty of ‘1’ of this component and try to approve ‘1’ against the operation again - It works as expected.

I try to approve an additional ‘1’ to the operation against (total 2) and it allows me, even though there isn't enough components issued to allow the approved qty - I believe this should error???

The application will also allow me to receive the goods into stock. It even allows me to receive the full qty and close the shop order, even though all the materials haven't been issued.

I have ran debug at the approve operation stage and simplified material check is set as ‘No’. On receipt its set to backflush rather than Simplified Material Check.

Am i going made?

This is Apps 10 UP 11.

Thanks,

Jamie

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 31 March 2022, 08:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The idea with Reserve/Issue Method = Manual is to support scenarios where the exact quantity needed of the component is variable. Some orders you may need some more, others some less than the defined qty per assembly.

Since we don’t know in advance how much of the quantity you actually need of this component, system will ignore components set to Manual in auto reservation and auto issue (backflush). Instead you will have to manually reserve/issue the quantity that was actually needed. When receiving the shop order, or reporting the operation which to the component is connected, the system only validates that you have issues some quantity of the component, but it doesn’t have to be according to the qty per assembly.

You write “I have created a shop order / released the shop order and reserved the shop order. The result is that component 2 is fully reserved.” but this sounds strange. Since component 2 is set to Manual it should be ignored when the shop order is reserved. I assume you should have written that component 1 was reserved since that component was set to Reserve/Backflush?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Björn Hultgren thanks for the response. Yeah I got the 1&2 mixed around.

Cheers,

Jamie

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@MitJamieB We ran into this same issue. For our solution, we found that setting the method to Reserve enforced the need to properly “Issue” the correct qty before reporting from SFWB (IFS 10 UPD 12). Any attempt to over claim parts would result in a error message from SFWB stating that not enough material was reserved.