Shop Order Cost Variance Report Can be downloaded to Excel

• 4 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

Does any know aware that in IFS any shop order cost variance report that could be downloaded to Excel ? the screenshot below, the value ‘Calc Variance’ is the data we interested for each shop order.

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 4 April 2024, 18:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @ronhu ,

There is no direct way to get this value into an excel sheet as a list against the shop order number, because the Shop Orders Costs overview screen also does not have a column for this Calc. Variance field. If it was there in the overview screen, you can easily export the output to an excel.

As I believe, the best way to get this is to create a SQL type quick report with the desired columns against the shop order number, so that you can easily export the quick report output result into an excel.

However, this field ‘Calc. Variance’ is not directly available as a column in any of the tables in the database. This field is configured as a client field. So, this needs debugging from the client level as well, to find the exact calculation performed when populating the data for this screen. After finding out that, it’s a simple task to develop the quick report including that logic.

Best Regards

Thushitha

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Thushitha Chandrasiri Thank you.

agree, it need technical assistance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@ronhu just looking at the numbers and trying to find a relation or expression to determine the Calc Variance value, taking a glance at Shop Orders Costs it looks like (I cannot validate this as I am not technical and cannot read the code) Calc Variance = Total Std Accum Cost - (Actual Accumulated Cost Total + Total Std-Operation Scrapped).

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@matt.watters Thank you very much.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi, I think you should add a small idea in IFS Community to add the Calc Variance column to Shop Orders Costs overview page.

I think Matt’s proposal will work fine in a pure standard cost business environment where you maintain your Part Cost, cost set 1 amounts. For other valuation methods it will not work so good - well it (Total Std Accum Cost - (Actual Accumulated Cost Total + Total Std-Operation Scrapped) will not be the same amount as the Calc Variance field in the WIP status tab.

Best Regards,

Mats

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@majose Thank you for your advice.

agree with your comments on other valuation methods. fortunately, we are using pure standard cost.