Question

Shop Order backflush in priority on started Handling unit

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Community,

I would like know if theire is any way to handle kind of FIFO on location level for backflushing: my purpose is I’ve got a work center with inbound location for backflush for a specific component there is always two handling units on the inbound location (one started and one full). Currently, depending on handling unit ID, the backflush is always done one the lower ID, that is to say when I look on my inventory part in stock on the location, I’ve got two started handling units instead of having one empty and one full.

NOTA: I whish use the empty handling units to trigger the fact that it is needed to refill the location with a new full handling unit.

All ideas are welcome, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jean-Christophe

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The shop order backflush is primarily controlled by the backflush hierarchies (Reserve/Issue From Location, Work Center inbound Locations, Production Line Inbound Locations, Floor Stock, Picking).

Within each such hierarchy level the logic prioritizes the backflush using the same rules as defined for the automatic reservations on the site (see below).

I’m not sure exactly how the Handling Unit Optimization impacts the priority, but when enabled, the logic somehow tries to reserve/backflush as complete handling units as possible, and if stock exists not connected to any handling unit this is prioritized before stock connected to handling units. Maybe you can try enable/disable this flag and see if it makes any difference. 

There’s a comprehensive about document describing the automatic reservation/backflush logic (see the start of that document below)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Björn,

Thanks for your reply.

To comply with shipment constraints, we have set the Handling Units Optimization enable on our site : I’ve even made some trials when it is disable, and the behavior is still the same as there is no standard possible priority (same part, same location, same batch number, same receipt date, etc…), the system will always choose the lowest Handling Unit ID instead of finishing the stated one.

I think I’ve made all possible trials with Automatic Reservation Tab on Site, but maybe I’ve missed possible things on work centers, inventory part or location settings?

BR