Solved

Shop Floor Workbench restrict Employee Reporting

• 26 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Can we restrict employees to report time only for the operations which they are connected through labour classes without using competency profile functionality? If possible, please explain the set up.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 26 March 2020, 11:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can configure the system to ensure no employee without the correct qualifications reports labor time on an operation with a qualification profile requirement. Note that it will still be possible to report time anonymous and with team functionality, however you can of course practically avoid that with client configurations and permissions.

1. Create the required Competencies and Certificates.
  2. Connect them to the persons from the Person Qualifications window.
  3. Create Qualification Profiles including the relevant competencies and certificates.
  4. Connect the qualification profile to the routing operations. You can have different profile for setup vs runtime.
  5. Select whether an error, or warning should be given when an employee without the correct qualifications tries to report in workbench in Site/Extended Site Info/Manufacturing tab, Consider Qualification Profile drop down
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Björn,

Thank you for for your time looking into this question, and for the the steps given. As stated in the description, I’m actually looking for if there is a way to handle this without using competency (qualification) profile functionality.

Best Regards,

Sumedha

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh sorry I missed that @Sumedha  . Unfortunately that is not possible. Maybe you could try to introduce a custom event to check this so if default labor class for the reporting shop floor employee differs from the operation labor class an error sys is raised?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Björn,

Thanks for the clarification. I guess the default site means the Primary Labor Class in APP10, in App9  we can’t have multiple labour classes for one employee. Could you confirm please?

Best Regards,

Sumedha

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes, in apps 10 I believe you would like to restrict the employee to only report operations connected to their primary labor class as defined in the shop floor employees window.