Solved

Shop Floor Workbench multiple emp reporting quantity

• 28 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Apps10IEE

Scenario: Shop order operation is for a quantity of 10. Emp 1 will complete 6 and Emp 2 will complete 4. They cannot be part of a static team (I think) because they normally would not work on the same shop order at the same time. They will probably start and finish at different times.

We just purchased SFWB licenses. I am making sure we are doing this the most efficient way possible. So far I have:

Emp 1 Starts Production

Emp 2 Uses Modify Ong Op to join the operation

Emp 1 uses Approve Op and changes Qty to Report to 6 and does not close operation and does not stop clockings because Emp 2 is still working on the operation.

Emp 1 then uses Modify Ong Op to leave the operation.

Is there any way for Emp 1 to report a qty complete and leave the operation at the same time instead of doing it in two steps as I have above?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 29 January 2024, 07:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unfortunately there’s no way for Emp 1 in your example to report time and leave the operation at the same time. Just as you mentioned he/she must first report the operation quantity and then leave the operation.

Also a comment about teams. They are not static. The team member setup is not any kind of basic data, it is simply a result of the employees that are currently clocked into the team. So an option using teams would be:

• Employee 1 Joins the team (let’s call it X)
  • Team X starts production on the operation (it may be Emp 1 who does this as team X)
  • Employee 2 Joins the team (this automatically starts time for him/her on the operation)
  • Team X approves 6 (it may be Emp 2 who does this)
  • Emp 2 leaves the team (this stops the time on the operation)