Question

Shop Floor Workbench - hide clockings

• 17 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

Apps 10 - UPD14

Does anybody know of a way to hide ‘other employees’ shop floor clocking's from being visible in the Shop Floor Workbench ‘Clocking’ tab?

Currently, when a workshop operator views the ‘Clocking’ tab on the Shop Floor Workbench, they can see all other users clocking's.

Any help / assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Anybody?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I cannot think of any way to achieve this without making a small modification to the Clockings tab code so it selects only clockings where the employee equals the identified employee in workbench. Maybe it is easier to hide the original tab and instead create a custom tab that populates only clockings for the current employee.

Curiously, why is it important to completely hide clockings from other employees? There’s a setting that prevents an employee to create or make modifications on clockings for other employee ID’s. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I cannot think of any way to achieve this without making a small modification to the Clockings tab code so it selects only clockings where the employee equals the identified employee in workbench. Maybe it is easier to hide the original tab and instead create a custom tab that populates only clockings for the current employee.

Curiously, why is it important to completely hide clockings from other employees? There’s a setting that prevents an employee to create or make modifications on clockings for other employee ID’s. 

Hi @Björn Hultgren ,

Thank you for your response. The reason why are are looking into this is due the German Work Council requirements.

Again, thank you anyway for your response. 

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Björn Hultgren Thanks and this is interesting, I have never come across such scenario so this was not thought of. But I am under the impression that HR employee setup affects the visibility of clocking here (In Enter As Employee).

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Pages like Time registration works with the employee access setup. if that is needed they could switch to those pages instead.

Shop floor clockings is to display employee, team as well as Anonymous clockings.