Solved

shipping parts

• 24 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I am using IFS10, I have a question, there is a problem in the company with shipping racks that we are sending with our products. I have in the system all the products that I have to shipping to the customer but when i send those products they goes with a rack that is expensive and those racks have to come back to us just the product is going to take the customer but the rack’s not. So I don’t know if there is way to put in the system the racks that i am sending with the products to be sure that when they arrive, they come back to us. Each rack have their own serial number but I don’t know a way to putting in the system and for that they appear in a bill of lading or a customer order or some note that the customer can sign to be sure they have those racks and they have to return to us.

if somebody have an idea for I can try to set up on the system,  steps to follow, or something please. I will appreciate it. I just want to those racks come back and they won’t disappear. 

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 24 June 2021, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It depends on what the incentive is for the customer to return the racks.  But you could set up a no charge sales part, add to the customer orders that require said rack.  Then on shipment, open an RMA to the customer to track the return of the racks and give you something to chase.  You could add the RMA as a Document Text on the invoice with a canned note that if not returned in 30-60 days or whatever, there will be an additional charge.  There are lots of manual steps and business process cross-over issues to work out, but this is just an idea.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

It depends on what the incentive is for the customer to return the racks.  But you could set up a no charge sales part, add to the customer orders that require said rack.  Then on shipment, open an RMA to the customer to track the return of the racks and give you something to chase.  You could add the RMA as a Document Text on the invoice with a canned note that if not returned in 30-60 days or whatever, there will be an additional charge.  There are lots of manual steps and business process cross-over issues to work out, but this is just an idea.

thanks you so much for that idea, it will help me a lot to figure it out this problem. I just want to ask to you where can I found manual steps and business process about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The manual steps, I mean for instance adding document text to the order, that is a manual step, not automatic.  Remembering to add the sales part to the order that is correct for the catalog item being ordered, that is a manual step.  Creating a document with return instructions and providing that to the customer is a manual step.

For business process, I can’t answer that.  It is your business, so you have to determine the process or find someone in your business who knows the process.  It has nothing to do with IFS.  Are you going to charge the customer for the rack up front and give a credit on return, or are you going to provide it at no charge and only charge the customer when they don’t return?  Are you telling the customer to use a certain carrier to return it and you are making the arrangements or does the customer have to make their own arrangements?  That is what I mean by business process, you have to figure out how to align YOUR business needs to the way you want to use IFS.  IFS doesn’t directly define how you run your business.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

The manual steps, I mean for instance adding document text to the order, that is a manual step, not automatic.  Remembering to add the sales part to the order that is correct for the catalog item being ordered, that is a manual step.  Creating a document with return instructions and providing that to the customer is a manual step.

For business process, I can’t answer that.  It is your business, so you have to determine the process or find someone in your business who knows the process.  It has nothing to do with IFS.  Are you going to charge the customer for the rack up front and give a credit on return, or are you going to provide it at no charge and only charge the customer when they don’t return?  Are you telling the customer to use a certain carrier to return it and you are making the arrangements or does the customer have to make their own arrangements?  That is what I mean by business process, you have to figure out how to align YOUR business needs to the way you want to use IFS.  IFS doesn’t directly define how you run your business.

I am having trouble creating a RMA as a document text. when i create a RMA i want to select printed and document text but i just have available select printed but when i want to select document text i can’t. i am forgetting something or what i do wrong. could help me how can i have available the document text for attaching as a invoice. please help me with that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

If you want to print an RMA, it has to be in a status other than Planned, then use Print Return Note, you can’t tick the box to say it was printed, that happens when you perform the print.

If you want to add Document Text to the RMA before printing, you have to add the Document Text to the RMA using the RMB then Document Text

All three of the check boxes on the header of the RMA are ticked when you do the associated function, you don’t tick them.  Print Return Note = Printed; Notes = Note; Document Text = Document Text

Same is true if you add document text to the Invoice, you have to use the dialog box that opens from selecting the RMB for document text to add the document text before you print the invoice.

There could also be setup required on one or more of your documents to make sure the document text appears, but until you add it, that is hard to say.

Maybe looking here in help will give you more details:

https://[yourIFSinstance]/ifsdoc/documentation/en/ProcessModels/Process_Model/documentdata.htm