Question

Shipment shipped but not in IFS

• 6 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

For reasons we do not understand, we have a shipment that appears in IFS as not shipped. But it has physically been shipped (not in IFS), invoiced (in IFS) and paid (in IFS).

Now we have 422 parts left in the “Inventory Parts in Shipment Inventory”, all linked to shipment 94! Shipment 94 is a consolidation 21 different customer orders all meant for the same customer in one huge shipment.

First thought was to simply scrap the parts for each line of the “Inventory Parts in Shipment Inventory” that should no longer be there but we get the following error message:

If we try to return the part in inventory (we could then do a cycle count to 0): we get this error message:

We Make-to-Order but we should at least have the one part that is supposedly still at our shipment location!

What can we do to get those parts out of “Inventory Parts in Shipment Inventory”? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@clilouise I would first look at the Inventory Transactions History to ensure whether the transactions reflecting delivery are created - OESHIP. I suspect these are created correctly against the order lines as you confirm the orders are invoiced and paid already. Then I will check the CO lines to confirm their status and qtys i.e. delivered qtys. These should be updated correctly as well. 
In that case, it must be something which did not update the shipments correctly upon delivery. Since delivery correspondence in the application is made and also invoiced, I would not try to reverse the flow by returning to inventory. I suggest to update the shipment lines in a data repair to reflect the delivery and help close the shipments. 

What caused this should be lying in the flow,steps taken in the action, which surely would need further investigations. If you recreate similar scenario, let us know. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura, I did what you suggested.

Inventory Transactions History: all OESHIP transactions are accounted for. There are 252 lines just like in Inventory Parts in Shipment Inventory. BUT there is one Customer Order (part of the shipment) that was marked as shipped  on a different date compared to the others. So I have a shipment with 21 different customer orders 20 off which were shipped on the 2023-07-14 and the last customer order was shipped on 2023-07-17.

Could this be the issue? If so, what can we do?

Co Lines: all 252 lines have the status “Invoiced/Closed” and all lines have the appropriate delivered qty.

If the different delivery dates are not the cultprit, what does data repair entail? Are you suggesting going in through SQL and changing the Shipped qty to the appropriate qty in the appropriate view behind “Inventory Parts in Shipment Inventory”? Or is there an utility that we can run to do the data repair?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @clilouise 

The difference of delivery dates should not be the cause, unless you do the same again in a non-prod environment to recreate the issue. Just a different date of delivery, should not result this is what I think. 

For the data repair, yes you will have to access the database in SQL and run an update script to update the columns of intended tables. This is work in Maintenance-Support, unless some other root cause is found.