Solved

Setting up planning structure from product family master

• 20 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

When setting up the planning structure, I need to enter the component information related to 2 sites (same component). system gives a warning that the qty per assembly is < or> than 1 when I tried to enter record for the second site. However I can ignore and proceed. Is that correct ?

icon

Best answer by Saneeka Wijesinghe 20 May 2021, 10:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @IniYashoN ,

“The quantity per assemblies for all subfamilies or Level 1 parts of a parent family should typically total up to be exactly 1. When the total exceeds 1, a warning message is displayed to users, who can still commit the data to the database. This total will exceed 1 when users typically want to overplan a subfamily or part.”
Therefore, it is totally ok to say Yes to this message and go ahead.

Badge +1

“Structure line items of the plan structure belong to the one and only top-level family. Each line item identifies either a subfamily or a Level 1 master-scheduled part.”

These parts can be manufactured in one site or different sites. Though these are manufactured in different sites these parts are planned under the same product family.

“The Quantity per Assembly field should typically hold a value between 0 and 1. This indicates the percentage that the subfamily or part constitutes of the parent family. “

When the total exceeds 1, a warning message is displayed but can still commit the data selecting Yes. Disaggregation and aggregation will use this QPA values for the calculation. So these values we get from those calculations will affect.