Solved

Serial part tracking after delivery only

• 30 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear Community,

I have a part which I dont want to track in inventory, but I want to track serial number after customer delivery. Documentation page (F1) says it can be done, but I couldn’t figure it out how. 

1- I set serial tracking at receipt and issue to no. ‘FALSE’

2-I set serial tracking in inventory to no. ‘FALSE’

3-I set serial trackinf after delivery to yes. ‘TRUE’

4- I created a Customer Order and reserved the part. (non-inventory serial tracking but serial tracking after delivery)

5- I created a shipment and closed it. In this process, nothing was asked about the serial tracking of the shipped part.

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 31 January 2023, 14:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear Community,

Any idea? Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

With the setting for Serial Tracking at Receipt and Issue = FALSE, the part will not be treated as a serialized part; serial tracking will be disabled for this part.

The setting for Serial Tracking After Delivery Serial Tracking pertains only to when this part is issued to a Delivery Structure, such as in Project Delivery. This has nothing to do with delivering the part through a Customer Order shipment.

For a part to go out the door as a serialized part, one for which you can then see the history of the part in the Part Serial page (manufactured, delivered, returned, serviced, re-delivered, etc.), at a minimum you need to have Serial Tracking at Receipt and Issue = TRUE. With this, you would then be able to reserve/pick/ship specific serial numbers from your inventory.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @matt.watters,

Then I will think about something else for my problem.

Thanks for your time.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal