Solved

Search for work center

• 26 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’m brand new to IFS, so please bare with me.  I have been tasked with trying to use IFS as our calibrations tracking software.     Although its not meant for this - I’ve been told to “make it work”.

I’m looking at : Quality Management > Tool > Manufacturing Tool

In the “Tool Detail” section there is a field called “Work Center”.    This is NOT an available field on the search page.   

My question is: is this field searchable somehow?    I need the “Tool Detail” section’s fields for individual gauge info that will not fit in the fields that are actually searchable by the search window. data like:

Mfg, model, s/n, reference standard(yes/no), specific product its used on.

Thanks for your assistance.

Calibration Guy

icon

Best answer by Dinushi Liyanage 27 February 2022, 01:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Philip,

I assume you want to use Search option itself for the “Work Center” field without using right click → Search in Context option. There is no direct way of doing this as this field belongs to a tab within the window, not the header.
What you can do is, creating a read only search enabled (searchable) custom field for it in the “Manufacturing Tool” header. Then the custom field will be available for searching.

The field “Work Center” is mapped to “NORMAL_WORK_CENTER_NO SQL column in “MANUF_TOOL_DETAIL” view. So for the custom field, you can use tool_id as an argument and the SQL statement can be something like below:

SELECT NORMAL_WORK_CENTER_NO FROM MANUF_TOOL_DETAIL WHERE TOOL_ID = :tool_id

Give it a go, and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to manufacturing section.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

There is no direct way of doing this as this field belongs to a tab within the window, not the header.

Small clarification on this part of my previous reply:
Manufacturing Tool header and Tool Detail tab belong to two different LUs, ManufTool and ManufToolDetail respectively. Just because they are header and a tab doesn’t mean you can’t use direct search.