Solved

Scheduling with multiple operations

• 1 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 14 replies

Hello everyone.  I am hoping someone can give me some suggestions for how to resolve this conflict.  Our manufacturing process is a conveyor belt line.  The first machine does task 1 and the product goes down a conveyor to a second machine that performs task 2, then on to the conveyor belt again until it reaches another machine for a 3rd task.  Then further down the conveyor belt the product is packaged at the final work station. 

We have these set up as operations within our route, and each operation has a unique work center.

The production team reports scrap at the operation level to allocate the correct cost at time of scrap.  They also report labor at the operation level and use for productivity measures.  

This has worked great for the production team, but our planning team is downloading files and planning outside of IFS.

Our planning team would like to be able to schedule within IFS, but they would like to do so using a single bar in either APB or VP, without the spaghetti effect or delays you have with multiple operations.  

Is there a way in IFS to make both worlds happy?

Thank you for your help!

Robin

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 9 November 2023, 08:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello.  Just trying to get attention to my question above.  I am still looking for a way to do this in IFS.  We have engaged a consultant, but since this forum includes employees of IFS as well as long time users I am hoping someone here can tell me whether this is possible.  

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In APB I think you can drag-and-drop an entire shop order, but not 100% sure.

In visual planning Gantt you can use the Compress Operations option when rescheduling an operation. then preceding and succeeding operations will follow as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you, Bjorn.  This was very helpful.  I am able to use a single bar in APB.  I will have to work with this for a bit to ensure I know how it works.  I appreciate your help!

Robin