Question

Sales Part UOM Different than Inventory Part UOM resulting in incorrect "Total Net Weight" on the Customer Order.

• 27 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 64 replies

We’ve discovered an issue from the looks of it between the net weight entered on the part catalog and the total net weight on the customer order. Our general rule for the part catalog UOM is that we match the inventory UOM as there is no conversion (that we know of) between the part catalog record and the inventory part record. We tend to set our inventory parts up as to how we are going to store/consume the product which we believe is best practice.

Either way, one of our parts net weight for a CS (which is our inventory UOM and Part UOM) is 220 lbs. We have this setup to SELL in EA (we have 200 EA/CS and 1 EA is .005 of a CS). What happened is, our customer, who also orders in eaches, put in a desired qty of 2000. It looks like the conversion is not looked at as the total net weight of the order turned out to be 440,000 lbs when it should have been a total of 2,200 lbs. I can get to this number if I multiply the qty requested (220 lbs * .005 conversion gives me my EA weight then multiply that by the qty of EA requested. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a field that we aren’t taking into account or a checkbox that can be set so we get accurate weights?

What’s worse, the inventory part net weight, read only field pulls from the part catalog record and that CS qty is not equal to 1.1 lbs.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

I have this setup and the Net Weight of the Customer Order is 2200lb.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@matt.watters, are you aware of any checkboxes that need to be checked? Also, we’re on apps 10 UPD 14.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@Anna My setup is also in Apps10 Upd14. I do not know of any checkboxes that have any effect on this. What Units of Measure are setup for the Company? Is there any Input UoM in effect here? What is the Freight Factor on your Part?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@matt.watters, our screens look the same. Freight factor is 1, company setup is the same as well. I’ll play around a bit in my Test environment and see if anything sticks out. Thank you for verifying that it should work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@matt.watters, Do you have a value in the field “conv factor” on the customer order line? Help says “If an input unit of measure (UoM) is used, the conversion factor between the input UoM and inventory UoM is displayed.”. We do not use input UOM but I’m still trying to figure out what could be different.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@Anna , no I do not have a Conv Factor, no Input UoM is in use here.