Question

Routing Module

• 26 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Where can I find the work factor? I am having an issue with my Variable by Hour and it shows 100.03 I know this is not correct. what is used to determine the Variable by Hour?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@FJRODIII  I guess you refer to how Labor Costs are calculated.

Basically the labor costs will be calculated roughly as follows:

• Labor Run Factor in Routing Operation will be evaluated to determine how much time is needed to produce 1 pcs → if labor run factor = 2 and Factor Unit = Units/Hr then 1 pcs of finished product will take 1 / 2 → 0.5 hrs
  • Crew Size is considered next → if crew size = 2 and 1 pcs takes 0.5 hrs to produce → then total production for one piece would be 0.5 X 2 → 1 hr since 2 people will work 0.5 hrs each
  • Finally the total time needed for production, in our scenario 1 hr will be evaluated against the Labor Class Rate for Cost Set 1

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for the information. But I am looking for the actual Work Factor data, where is this data located?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Variable Lead Time by Hour:
The manufacturing lead time per hour, which is variable for the production of a part. Variable lead time includes units/hour and hours/unit times; these are affected by the lot size. This field shows the time for a lot size of 1 (one). 
To determine the lead time, the following formulas are used:
If the factor unit = hours/unit, (work factor /operation efficiency) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

The work factor values are the values you have entered for Mach Run Factor and/or Labor Run Factor on each operation.