Question

Retrieving IFS10 server data from Power BI

• 20 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello, IFS10 community.

I am trying to connect to IFS10 server oracle database to retrieve information from Power BI.
I didn’t have any problem with other SQL queries but for another I can’t retrieve any information. It says table is empty, but when I run the query in SQL Query tool information is in the that table.
Do any person have any suggestion where problem can be?

Thank you.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Are you logged in as the same user in both cases?

If not, it can be so that if it is a view you fetch data from, it can have conditions regarding row level security on company, site or other things. In that case you need to setup the user from Power BI to be allowed to see the company, site, etc.

If you have the name of the view you try to fetch data from it is easier to say if it has this or not.

Badge +1

Hello, Tomas.
Thanks for your quick response.
Yes, same user. I will check the row level security.
View name is deferred_job.

Thanks for the clue.
Keep in touch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

That view has a WHERE condition to only show your own background jobs unless you have the system privilege ADMINISTRATOR. So I guess you want to have that set on your user as a start.

If you already have that I would test following SQL thru both Power BI and the SQL tool you use to see that you really are the same user in both:

SELECT IFSAPP.Fnd_Session_API.Get_Fnd_User

FROM dual

Badge +1

Hello, Tomas.

User are differents. For PowerBI, user is my company’s username, but in IFS server the username is the one we use to connect to the IFS server. How can I change the query to avoid this condition?

But it is weird because it is only for this table, for the other ones it is working fine. Also, I checked the row security level but it hasn’t been configured, So, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@AlejoPC if you were using IFSAPP you could query directly the table transaction_sys_local_tab to bypass the DB View and get the data from the table.

As I guess you don’t have access to IFSAPP,  then the only way is to grant the ADMINISTRATOR system privilege to the user as @Tomas Ruderfelt mentioned above.

Badge +1

Hello, Marcel.
Thank you for your answer. There is already another table with same name but with sufix “_admin” that I can’t access unless I give myself privileges. So, we must have access to the data from the normal one created as duplicate for users. But something must be bad configured. Someone from the team is trying to resolve it.

Thanks to you and Tomas for your advices.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@AlejoPC as you can see from the deferred_job view definition it will show you data only if:

→ the user has ADMINSTRATOR system privilege - see 1st condition in the view

→ the user is the one that ran the job - see 2nd condition in the view

see more details on data visibility for background jobs in below community post: