Question

Rejected status of Approval steps

• 14 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We have a situation where a person has rejected a step on an approval router and has since left the company.  The is the last step on the router but I can not get it to progess to 100% approval due to this.  Does anyone know how to correct this ? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Donna V ,

You have two options;

1. Reactivate the user account and reapprove the rejected steps. 
  1. Approval routings are connected through the Person ID. You can reapprove the rejected step by connecting the Old User’s person to an Active user account in the Person window. First, you need to remove the active user’s user id from the connected person id and then connect that user id to the other person who has already left the company. And then using the Active user account you can Approve the rejected steps. After this you, need to revert the setup in the person window.

But since both are security-related options you will require Audit/IT approval based on your company policies.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Are you able to set a Substitute for the Approver?  I know you can do this in Supplier Invoice Workflow; not sure about what functionality you’re referring to.  Or perhaps someone with Admin or higher level of authorisation can “Supercede”?

Not sure if this will help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you both for your reply.  This suggestion allowed me to take care of the issue.