Solved

Purchase requisitions without lines generated from MRP

• 18 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

One of our customers is experiencing an issue. MRP is creating purchase requisitions without any lines (part or no part), so only the purchase requisitions header. But, this is ad-hoc (this happens occasionally).

Is there a way that MRP can create purchase requisitions without any lines ?

I have checked whether there is any custom task to delete the PR lines of certain parts, but there’s no.

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 18 February 2022, 18:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Mats @majose 

Any idea on the above behavior ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Tushitha,

Do you have any warning in Background Jobs details? Or anything suspicious in MRP Action Proposals?

Could it be that we are trying to generate a 0 supply qty for a PO Req Line but it fails.

If you have access to the database check if you can run below SQL

select *

from mrp_part_supply_demand

where order_no = ‘your requsition no’.

To check if it has written anything there.

Keep digging :-)

-Mats

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Turn on history logging on the purchase requisition lines - this is typically dangerous in most instances as it can be a lot of data.  But in every case like you’ve described, I’ve found it was because someone - who didn’t own up to it - was deleting the requisition lines as they were processing them.

Sometimes it was because they delete the lines legitimately and combine the requisitions together, they just didn’t go back and remove the header.

Other times, it was intentionally done to hide the lack of work being accomplished.

I’ve not found that MRP creates empty requisitions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Tushitha,

Do you have any warning in Background Jobs details? Or anything suspicious in MRP Action Proposals?

Could it be that we are trying to generate a 0 supply qty for a PO Req Line but it fails.

If you have access to the database check if you can run below SQL

select *

from mrp_part_supply_demand

where order_no = ‘your requsition no’.

To check if it has written anything there.

Keep digging :-)

-Mats

Thanks Mats,

No warnings in the relevant background job. Currently monitoring for another occasion for the same issue to happen, so that I can check whether that sql query return anything.

I’ll try with the customer enabling the history logging for the deletion of the PR lines if any users manually deleting them, as Shawn has suggested.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Turn on history logging on the purchase requisition lines - this is typically dangerous in most instances as it can be a lot of data.  But in every case like you’ve described, I’ve found it was because someone - who didn’t own up to it - was deleting the requisition lines as they were processing them.

Sometimes it was because they delete the lines legitimately and combine the requisitions together, they just didn’t go back and remove the header.

Other times, it was intentionally done to hide the lack of work being accomplished.

I’ve not found that MRP creates empty requisitions.

Thanks Shawn,

I’ll try to have the customer to enable the history log. I had the doubt of users deleting the PR lines, because there were like 120 PRs without lines. I was not ready to believe a user deleting that much of PR lines manually :grin: .

But, there’s a possibility I can see, as you have pointed out. Will keep this thread updated.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ShawnBerk , you were correct… Users have been deleting the purch req lines from the Purch Req Lines overview window. So, they have been deleting 50 - 100 lines daily on some days 😐

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@ThushAsanka 

Thank you for confirming that human behavior is universal.  Glad you traced the problem.