Purchase Part Revision

• 18 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 548 replies

Community,

wondering what is the best practice for below scenario.

we have a purchased part, that come with multiple revisions, that transferred from engineering. please refer to screen shots 1064794.jpg. you can see 3 revisions (Eng Rev 0,1,2 accordingly) are available and not end dated.

When purchase order is placed, system always use the latest inventory part revision and not allowed to change. for part 1064794, it always be Rev. 3. 

Now comes the issue, how I could let supplier know I still would like to purchase the previous revision, e.g. 1. please see the screenshot Purchase Rev cannot be changed.jpg.

I realized there is a column called ‘Pre Part Rev’, which could be the one I want, please see the screenshot ‘Pre Part Rev.jpg’.

what is the best practice for this scenario? 

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I had a quick look on the issue mentioned here. I think, not allowing to change the part revision in purchase order line is a limitation in apps 10 functionality (earlier versions as well).

But this limitation is already identified and solved in 21R1 release. There it is possible to change the part revision when adding the purchase order line and after adding also it is possible to change the part revision, if the purchase order status is ‘Planned’.

To overcome the limitation in apps 10 (and earlier versions), there is a setup change (but not sure, this is applicable in your business scenario).

The logic to find the latest part revision in purchase order line, uses the ‘phase in date’ information for the selection. The part revision with the latest phase in date is automatically set as the part revision in purchase order line. So, by changing the phase in date of the revision it is possible to include the required part revision in purchase order line.

The ‘Pre Part Rev’ field is a free text field which can be used to communicate the part revision information. But it is just a free text field without any connection with the part revisions of the part.

B/R

Nirmitha

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Nirmitha Thank you for your input.  will try per your suggestion. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@ronhu I recommend not playing with Phase In Date on the part revision. Instead, temporarily change one of the dates on the PO Line (cannot recall which one specifically) to coincide with the interval during which a previous rev was in effect. Then change the date on the PO Line back to reality.

And the introduction of some DME functionality in Cloud now allows this to be an easier process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@matt.watters Thank you for your input. PO line should be Promised Delivery Date i think. by the way, what is DME function? Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@ronhu DME is the Defense Manufacturing Extension that is a series of 14 modifications typically required by manufacturing companies doing business in the DoD marketplace. Much of the functionality provided by this is being rolled into core as of Cloud 21R1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@matt.watters Thank you.