Question

Purchase Order inter site revisions - APPs9

• 3 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Community, 

We have come across an ‘’issue’’ with inter site orders being raised under the buyers site part Rev A on the PO,  then being sent to the supplier site via MHS and approved by the supplier. This then creates the Customer Order with the sales part line but does not consider the Revision Number (normal behaviour)

When using MHS the system will ‘stop’ the incoming order if the sales part number does not exist on the supplier site. My first question is, is there a parameter or setting that prevents a PO to CO conversion if the revision does not exist. 

In our case, the Engineering part exists as Rev B on buyer site and Rev A on supplier site. Without this being identified and the CO demand being released, the system generates the Supplier Shop Order to produce a Rev A part. This is and can be booked in and shipped off as Rev A against a Customer Order with a connected Purchase Order which stipulates a Rev B Part. 

When this arrives at the Buyer Site, the purchase order is booked in under a Rev B part but in-fact this is a Rev A part that has been produced and shipped by the supplier. 

Has anyone come up against this before and if so how did you handle this? Also it would be good to know if this has had any enhancement in more recent releases. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Kev3458  I remember some years back I was working with an Apps9 customer, and they had a modification that when the revisions where different between different sites, they had an info message popping up asking the user if the missing revision should be created in the site and used in the internal CO or they wanna go and ship the latest revision they have, thus ignoring the revision from the buyers site.