Question

Project Deliverables - Copy to Equipment (Practise/Implementation)

• 29 July 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi All,

is there anyone who has (practical) experience with the functionality "Copy Project Deliverables to Equipment" (with some additional descriptions, recommendations, notes, etc.)?

Of course, I have read the description of the process in the IFS help (F1), but I have still a few questions about this standard functionality:

• Can I run copy of equipment several times (for identical item no), or it is just a one-way operation/process? E.g.: When deleting already created equipment structure (record) or when need to add a tag (additionaly)?
  • Can I somehow copy the equipment structure gradually when the amout of item no (qty) is bigger than 1 or is it necessary to complete the production of all the pieces and only after that start copying?
  • If the dialog window "Copy Deliverables Structure to Equipment" appears, there are two combo boxes present, in which case is the "Copy Structure as" combo box active?
*Dialog window - Mentioned combo boxes.

It also happens to me that I had an item (item_no) with attached serial part (and fully received) with generated serial number(s), and the copying functionality created equipment record as a functional object, instead of the serial one, not sure what I have done wrong...?!

Thank you in advance for sharing any observations or eventually any limitations.

David N.
Manufacturing Consultant

This topic has been closed for comments