Solved

Prevent Over Receive of Shop Order

• 12 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi All, 

I am attempting to prevent a user from over receiving a shop order qty that is greater than the completed qty on the operation steps. I have tried using Milestone Operation (on the first Op step) and also tried setting Operation Over Report to Not Allowed. However, I am still able to shop order receive over the amount that has been reported on the actual operation steps. 

Is there a way in IFS to prevent this behavior? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 13 January 2022, 07:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

As yo have already found, there’s a parameter to control whether over reporting of operation quantities should be allowed or not. Unfortunately there’s no similar parameter to control the receiving. 

When you receive more than ordered, a warning message should always appear where the user must actively agree to the over receipt.

If open operations exists, you cannot receive more than reported on these operations (where you can control the allowed quantity to report).

The best practice for receiving shop orders is to receive them when approving the last operation in shop floor workbench. Then you report the operation quantity and define the receipt quantity on the same time, and if you are not allowed to overreport the operation quantity it is very unpractical to change to a higher quantity to receive.

Finally, if this is still a big problem I guess it can be solved with a custom event/action that fires an error sys when trying to receive more than ordered.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Björn Hultgren Thank you very much for the clarification. It seems very odd that you cannot control that, as it can lead to very inaccurate inventory levels if a simple transactional error is made. I had hoped there was a similar feature to prevent over report. Either way, thank you for the explanation!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@cjohnson  Please feel free to request the possibility to restrict over receiving in the Idea section in the community!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for the recommendation, I will add it :relaxed: