Solved

Prevent issuing component to assembly scrap

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 16 replies

Shop order increases packaging requirements when assembly is scrapped during operation.

Example: 

Assembly lot size = 100. 

Box on the product structure QPA=1. 

We need to produce a full lot of 100 so we use increase lot size on scrap option. 

1 assembly is scrapped, lot size increased to 101.

IFS calculates requirements of 101 boxes however a box is not needed for the scrapped assembly. 

Is there an option to not include scrapped assembly qty when calculating material requirements?  

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 17 May 2022, 16:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you connect the material line for the box to the last operation I believe it should work since the operation quantity of the last operation will be 100 (assumed you scrapped on a previous operation)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you Bjorn, I thought this might be the only option. Is there a solution for routings that contain only one operation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think it make sense to always have a final "Packing" operation since that is where the box material should be consumed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks again. One more question on the topic of packaging…

A tray for example holds 30 parts. QPA on the tray is set to .0333.

A standard lot size of 100pcs requires 3.33 trays. In reality we’ll use 4 trays but 3.33 would be backflushed. Do you have a recommendation to have 4 trays backflushed without manual intervention on every order? Any rounding options to prevent decimals being issued? I could set the QPA to .04, but lot sizes are variable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you set the Qty Calc Rounding to 0 on the inventory part I believe the quantity on the material line will always be rounded up to the nearest integer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

That works perfectly. Thanks!