Skip to main content

My job includes creating APQP/PPAP packages and sometimes just a basic Process Flowchart, PFMEA, and Process Control Plan. I can see that IFS (8) has functionality for PFMEA, any ideas or guidance on how to use this?

We do have access to the PFMEA Module, but have no idea what it does or how.

Bonus for being able to create the Process Flowchart and Control Plan.

Thanks,

Kris...

kriswharton,

No idea what all the acronyms stand for, but I take it that PFMEA stands for Process FMEA. At least that is something that I find is closest in IFS10. If I only look at 'what is FMEA' via Google I found a link that says something.

Also the help text might be of help.

It seems you are on IFS8. You might have a look at the eLearning part in the help (see lower left corner). The presentations are not always working (I found that FireFox opens them the best), but they may just give you a spark on the usage.

Good luck,

Steve

Steve,

Process FMEA is correct.

I am on IFS8.

eLearning part in the help where? This website or in IFS8?

Thank you for the input!

kriswharton,

In any screen, but best to start in any of the FMEA screens is to use the help button in the button of the screen:

When the help text appears, use on the right side Page Help (1)

A window like the following should open (if the IFS help text has been installed correctly):

If you don’t see something like this, try in another environment. Or use Goole and enter as search criterium ‘ifs frmFmeaGeneralCauseDetails’

Screen that opens up shows in lower left bottom:

On the left side of the web page that opens, select Manufacturing > Quality Management.

Select one of the following:

This should help you, more than a lot, I would say.

Note: screen shots taken from IFS9 environment, but I don’t think they differ that much from IFS8.

Regards,

Steve